Infrared saunas help your body get rid of toxins such as heavy metals (mercury and lead) as well as environmental chemicals through sweating.
Following are some benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy:
- Detoxification – sweating is one of the most natural ways to eliminate toxins. Sweating from being inside an infrared sauna allows you to eliminate about 7 times more toxins.
- Relaxation – infrared saunas help the body balance cortisol (your primary stress hormone). The heat helps to relax muscles and decrease tension throughout the body allowing you to relax and de-stress
- Pain Relief – if you have joint or muscle aches/pains, infrared saunas can help to relieve this pain by increasing circulation and relaxing your muscles
- Weight Loss – The heat from the infrared sauna will cause your core temperature to increase which can also lead to your heart rate increasing – similar to what is experienced when exercising. When your body has to work harder to lower your core temperature, or keep up with the increased heart rate your body will burn more calories. An article in the Journal of the American Medical Association titled “Effect of Sweating” concluded that a 30 minute infrared sauna session could burn about 600 calories
- Improved Circulation – as your core temperature rises from the heat of the sauna, your circulation will increase as well. Consistent sessions in an infrared sauna can stimulate blood flow, improve muscle recovery and decrease pain and inflammation after exercise
- Skin Purification – infrared sauna can help to purify your skin by eliminating toxins from your pores and increasing circulation, which will result in clearer, softer, and healthier looking skin