We frequently see many patients who feel that their food cravings have gotten out of control. Stress, overindulgence from special occasions, and just life in general has led to a steady stream of poor food choices in their everyday lives.
From a heightened caffeine addiction to constantly consuming flour-based items and sugary sweets, many people feel trapped in poor dietary patterns. But there’s good news! In just 10 days you can feel lighter, leaner, happier, and healthier without those nagging cravings for foods that don’t truly serve you.
The truth is, we blame people for being overweight and sick, but it’s not their fault. Our taste buds, hormones, and brain chemistry have been hijacked by the food industry. And sugar is a major villain. Being addicted to sugar and flour is not an emotional eating disorder. It’s a biological disorder, driven by hormones and neurotransmitters that fuel sugar and carb cravings—leading to uncontrolled overeating. It’s why we are seeing an epidemic of not only type 2 diabetes and obesity but also heart disease, hypertension, many common cancers, and Alzheimer’s.
Through my research and years of treating patients I have gained a deeper understanding of the biology of food addiction and how it is so often at the root of people’s failure to change their behavior and their diet. It is through this understanding that I created a plan to help you reset your hormones and brain chemistry and decrease inflammation in just 10 days. The result is not only a significant jump-start on weight loss but also a dramatic change in health. Here’s the gist of it:
For 10 days, you’ll remove the following foods or anything containing them from your diet:
- All processed foods.
- Gluten, dairy, and all forms of sugar and sweeteners—including artificial ones!
- Grains, starchy vegetables (like potatoes), beans, and fruit (other than a 1⁄2 cup of berries or kiwi a day).
- Inflammatory beverages (regular and decafcoffee, alcohol, soda, and juice).
And here is what you want to focus on including:
- As many non-starchy vegetables as you want in all meals and snacks.
- 4 to 6 ounces of protein with each meal (eggs, chicken, fish, lean animal protein, nuts, and seeds).
- One serving of healthy fat (like 1⁄2 avocado, or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, walnut oil, sesame oil, extra virgin coconut butter, or nut or seed butter such as almond or cashew) with every meal.
- Lots of self-care practices: detoxifying Epsom salt baths, deep breathing exercises, meditation, yoga or any other kind of movement you enjoy, and 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Keep in mind that quality counts—so choose organic produce, grass-fed meat and pasture-raised poultry and eggs, if possible.
You’ll be amazed at what just 10 days can do for balancing your blood sugar, eliminating cravings, and revving up your metabolism. For more in-depth information on exactly how to detox or to receive a customized plan tailored specifically to you, please come to see us at the Institute of Natural Health.
If you would like more information regarding any of the treatments, therapies, or services offered at The Institute of Natural Health, please contact us at (314) 293-8123 or visit us online at the theinstituteofnaturalhealth.com. Dr. TJ Williams is the Clinic Director for the Institute of Natural Health and the host of the radio program Wellness 101, which provides common-sense, science-based strategies for a healthy life. Wellness 101 airs Sundays at 2:00pm on FM NewsTalk 97.1.